Sunday, October 10, 2010

fall break and a camping trip

The students have Fall break Monday and Tuesday of this week. We went camping Friday to celebrate the end of midterms.

piggyback sandwich

tomahawk throwing lessons

extensive hiking*

chopping our own firewood*

rubbing sticks together to make fire*

a final group picture/everyone doing their sign


The trip was a lot of fun and a great time of bonding for the students. A game, stuff the intern says, was created and to my dismay, it was not forgotten about on the car ride home. I guess I need to start putting my college education to good use and not ask redundant questions anymore. Yes, I know fish swim, but apparently, so do snakes.

Shout out to Kirsten Allen for planning/organizing/grocery shopping/etc to create a wonderful trip.

*authenticity exaggerated

2 comments:

  1. keep 'em comin' alice. put you in my google reader so i'm all ears/eyes!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the disclaimer. And oh em gee I want to go to ruf cofc so I can play stuff the intern says, too!
    -kate

    ReplyDelete