Sunday, August 1, 2010

Holly Golightly

Whilst packing to leave my darling house forever and embark on a rich life in Charleston, I decided against the television, in favor of the computer, npr.org to be exact. Well, was I in for a surprise. I listened to Tom Ford talk about Gucci, YSL, and A Simple Man; I loved every second of it (thanks Jess)! But here is the shocker: I linked to an interview of Sam Wasson about his new book, Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M. — Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's and the Dawn of the Modern Woman, and in this interview Mr. Wasson mentions Holly's career. You know I never really thought about what she did as a profession before. But now that I know, I think both more highly and lowly of Ms. Golightly. I think I will read the novella, of the same name, by Truman Capote.

On a side note, Mother came and helped me pack. I told her my idea: take my magazines to Charleston and use them as a nightstand. She called my magazines crap and told me not to move them. I am packing them in a box as I type. They will live in my trunk for two weeks and then become a great nightstand that I can take apart for reference as need be. Ingenious!


The vogue with Ms. Barrymore of the cover is an old one, but it is where I first heard of the color "alice blue." This particular New York is where I finally decided on which purple nail polish to invest in. Both rank in the all time, top five, favorite issues, ever.

On second thought, the magazines will live in the air conditioning. I don't want the colors to fade/glue to melt/ idea to fail simply because of high temperature or humidity.

1 comment:

  1. does anyone know how to override blogger and not have it convert the double spaces between sentences into single spaces?

    ReplyDelete